Skip to main content

Never Worry About Money Again: Gain Financial Freedom By Becoming Better At Managing the Money You Have - GET THE BOOK







 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Debt Relief or Tough Love? Rethinking Charity, Financial Freedom, and Giving Back

  Is it a good idea to help those struggling with debt? I read an article about a famous actor from Wales. He bought the debt from his community at a discount to help his community overcome the challenge of credit card debt. If you didn’t know, credit cards will sell bad debt at a discount so that someone else has the cost and burden of trying to collect. They often buy debt for around 10% of what is owed. In this instance the actor bought over a million pounds of debt for around $130,000. He felt it was too hard for people who are using credit cards to heat their home, or buy food, and he wants to help them. In America there is at least one church that buys medical debt. Its the same idea only instead of paying off credit card debt they pay off medical debt. The biggest difference is that medical debt is not something people have in the UK (I don’t think, I’m no expert). I love the idea of a hand up. Often it takes much less than you would imagine to re...

Surviving the Storm: Smart Strategies for Tough Economic Times

  It’s getting scary out there. Man oh man, all of us need to reflect on how we are going to manage the next couple of years. With inflation, stagnant wage growth, insecurity surrounding jobs and public programs like Medicare, Medicaid, and social security facing challenges from the administration, many of us will be in a world of hurt. The thing is that if you strategize you may make it through this challenging time scathed but not broken. Here’s how- I liken the effort to the problem of eggs. Right now eggs are very expensive in most areas of the United States. What’s a person to do? Well I suggest the easiest thing to do is DON’T BUY EGGS. Eggs are not required for life. This example may seem simplistic, but it is part of a larger strategy. The strategy is recognizing that many things we consider essential are not. They are nice to have but not required to li v e an abundant life. When I think about how I want to spend money I consider the followi...

Debt-Free Living: Navigating Buy Now, Pay Later and Financial Freedom

  Buy now, pay later? I have strong feelings about credit card use, but what do I think about buy now pay later? I noticed this option come up when I made purchases from an online retailer. The item was about $150 and the retailer allowed me to pay for it over time, without interest. Seems like a great deal, right? Well in fact what appears to happen is that some people use this method to make purchases and even though they are not incurring interest - they are purchasing many more items than they normally would if they were paying for the items all at once. My spouse showed me an Instagram post of comedienne Jimmy Carr speaking about making purchases at the mall. Just a note -I don’t recommend Jimmy Carr as a comedienne, even though I really enjoy his work. I don’t recommend him because he is very offensive and may not be palatable for some. In any case what he said in the Instagram post was (I’m paraphrasing) Stop buying things at the mall, in ten years you won’t even know wh...